Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Gluten Free, Vegan
Inspired by The Middle Eastern Vegetarian Cookbook by Salma Hage.
200g (4) carrots, ends trimmed, peeled and grated
15g (1 handful / 4 tablespoons) of washed parsley, finely chopped
1 tablespoon of sesame seeds, lightly toasted in a small dry frying pan
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Prepare the carrots and place to one side.
- Take the finely chopped fresh parsley and place on the grated carrot and roughly mix together.
- Dry fry the sesame seeds.
- Mix these into the carrot and parsley, then stir together.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and apple cider vinegar, then stir to coat the salad. Place to one side until ready to serve.