Makes: 10 to 12 (approx 7cm in diameter)
60g (2oz) gluten free flour (I use Doves Farm)
150ml (1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon) milk (of your choice, organic dairy, or unsweetened planted based milk e.g. almond or soya)
1 free range organic egg
1/2 teaspoon baking powder (check it is gluten free, as some are not)
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum (check gluten free)
1/4 teaspoon sea salt or a small pinch
- Beat the flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, salt and egg together, then slowly stir in the milk.
- Heat a frying pan with a very thin layer of olive oil, or butter, when hot enough to make a drop of batter sizzle, spoon on the pancake mix. Cook on both sides until golden brown.
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed plus 3 tablespoons cold water
1 tablespoon coconut oil
250ml (1 1/2 cup) oat milk (or any plant based milk)
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
125g (1 cup) gluten free plain flour
1 teaspoon golden caster sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch of sea salt
50g (1/2 cup) blueberries or raspberries – doesn’t need them!
vegetable oil for frying
- Mix the flaxseeds and water and leave to the side (similar to how we made the baked donuts!).
- Put the coconut oil into a pan over a low heat until melted.
- Measure out all the dry ingredients in a bowl and make a well in the centre, place to the side/
- In a small bowl, mix the oat milk, vinegar, melted coconut and flaxseeds then combine well.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry, then add a little oil to the pan and cook both sides until golden.
Serves approx. 8 people
not gluten free
250g (2 cups) flour ( I used spelt, but regular plain flour is fine)
4 organic free range
480ml milk of your choice (2 cups)
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil for frying
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs, slowly add in the milk and stir to combine.
- Heat a little oil at a time and pour a little batter into the frying pan, tilting the pan so the batter spreads evenly.
- Cook the crepe for about two minutes, until the bottom in golden, flip and cook the other side evenly.
- Enjoy with your favourite topping combinations. Mine is a sprinkle of sugar with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. But kids love chocolate spread!