This is a really simple recipe! I think sweetcorn is so amazing, it needs very little extra doing to it other than cooking! For this occasion I have added a light brushing of olive oil which has been left overnight to infuse the chilli flavours. If you are making this for kids then you could replace the chilli with fresh chopped parsley.
Serves: 6 people
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Gluten free, Dairy free, Vegan
6 ears of sweetcorn
1 red chilli, finely chopped
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
sea salt to taste
Preheat the barbecue or the grill to high
- Place the oil in a small bowl, add the chilli and mix well. Leave for a few hours or overnight to allow the chilli to infuse into the olive oil.
- If the sweetcorn is in its husks then peel them away.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil – use enough water so that the corn will be completely submerged. Once the water is boiling, carefully place the corn in the pan and cook for around 3-4 minutes. Then remove the corn from the pan and drain on kitchen paper to get rid of excess water.
- Brush generously with the infused oil.
- When ready, place the cobs on the barbecue or under the grill
- When dark spots appear (usually about 2-3 minutes), rotate the cobs and continue until they are golden brown all over (about 10 minutes)
- Serve immediately, drizzled with the remaining chilli oil and a sprinkling of sea salt