These are just nuggets of brilliance, take new potatoes and make them better. So simple. Par boil then barbecue to give a crispness to the skin and a slightly smoky taste!
Serves: 6 people (4 new potatoes each)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Gluten free, Dairy free, Vegan
24 baby new potatoes, whole, cleaned of any dirt and skins left on
3 tablespoons olive oil
sea salt to sprinkle over
Freshly ground pepper to grind over the skewers
6 -8 metal or wooden skewers long enough for approx 4 potatoes per skewer
Preheat the barbecue or the grill to high.
If using wooden skewers, soak them for 20 minutes in water so they will not burn when on the fire or under the grill.
- place the baby potatoes in a saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil.
- Cook on a rolling boil for 8 to 9 minutes until a knife pushes in to a potato but it is still just firm.
- Drain the potatoes of all water and leave to cool a little.
- Push 3 to 4 baby potatoes on to each skewer, until they are all used
- When ready to cook, brush the potatoes generously with olive oil and place on the barbecue or under the grill.
- When the potatoes start to turn golden (usually about 4-5 minutes), turn the skewers over and cook on the other side for a further 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately.