Kale is a superfood! You can check out the health benefits as advised by our resident nutritionist, Glen Matten, in our ingredients section. I prefer the flavour of these homemade kale chips to the shop bought ones, as they are so delicious and crisp straight from the oven. Great as a snack or light bite with a drink.
Serves: 2 – 4 as a snack
Prep time: approx. 10 minutes
Cooking time: 14 minutes
Gluten free, Dairy free, Vegan
100g (5 oz) kale, stalks taken off, thoroughly washed and dried
1 tsp dried garlic granules
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp chilli flakes (optional, leave out if you don’t like them spicy)
1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes (optional)
- Pre heat the oven to 150C/300F
- Thoroughly wash and dry the kale, as if it is left damp it will not crisp up as much when baking. Remove any woody stalks and break into bite sized pieces approx. 2 inches or whatever you prefer.
- Place the prepared kale in a bowl and drizzle over the olive and sprinkle over the remaining ingredients. Now massage the ingredients in, making sure the leaves are thoroughly coated.
- Lay the coated kale onto two baking trays, making sure the leaves don’t overlap, as a bit of space allows the chips to crisp up best.
- Cook for 7 minutes, then rotate the tray and cook for a further 7 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly and enjoy.