Fresh ripe peaches
from the farmers market oozing with summer goodness paired with the crunch of the super healthy and flavoursome pistachio
nuts is a winning combination. This delicious summer sweet treat takes no more than 10 minutes to prepare and serve up. I also like to eat these served on top of my coconut rice pudding
recipe for a more filling dessert.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Vegan, Gluten Free
, halved and stone removed
- Slice the peaches in half and remove the stone from the centre, place to one side.
- In a small bowl, pour in the maple syrup and vanilla extract and combine.
- Dip each peach in the maple vanilla syrup, cut side down.
- Place each peach, again cut side down on a baking tray rack and place under a medium-hot grill.
- After 2 minutes remove peaches from grill and careful turn, as they will be hot.
- Whilst the peaches are grilling, roughly chop the shelled pistachios.
- In a dry frying pain, gently toasted your pistachios, for a minute or until they get a golden green colour.
- Remove peaches from grill after a final 2 minutes and plate up, gently spoon the toasted pistachios into the well of the peach and pour over any remaining syrup from the bowl.