It was pointed out to me by our expert nutritionist that cocoa has many health benefits! So I thought that gave me the perfect excuse to play around with a cocoa rich cookie recipe! The first batch I made were devoured swiftly, as these cookies they have a nice “brownie” texture to them.
Cooking time: 7 minutes
125g (1 and 1/3 cups) coconut oil (for vegan alternative)
Plus a a little extra for greasing the baking tray.
100g (1/2 cup) coconut sugar 200ml (1 cup) water
1 free range egg
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
6 tablespoons (35g/cups) cacao or coca powder
50g (1/2 cups) porridge oats (I use gluten free oats)
65g (1/2 cup) flour (I used gluten free)
1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven 180°C or 350°F
- Beat the coconut oil and coconut sugar together.
- Then beat in the egg and add the vanilla extract.
- Finally stir in oats, flour and baking powder.
- Take out a tablespoonful of the mixture at a time and place onto a lightly greased baking tray.
- Cook for 7 minutes until golden brown.